There are many reasons that may lead you into the office of a spine surgeon. Neurosurgeons can perform many different functions and can help with many different conditions and disorders that affect the nervous system. A neurosurgeon can help with brain treatments, back pain treatments, spine treatments, spine surgeries, and more. They can work to help you diagnose and treat many different problems with your nervous system. This certainly does not always lead to surgery. In fact, you can start with many different types of conservative treatments prior to getting spine surgery.
There are many reasons that may lead you into the office of a neurosurgeon in order to discuss your options in regards to spine surgery and your other options. Listed here are some of the conditions or problems that may cause you to consider spine surgery:
- You need to take pressure off your nerves. One reason that you may need spine surgery is to take the pressure off of your nerves. This is a reason that can relieve a lot of back pain that you may be suffering from.
- You need to stabilize your spine. You may also need to stabilize your spine and will need to have back surgery in order to do this. This is a specialized type of spinal surgery that will help you relieve your pain in the long run.
- You need to realign your spine. If you need to realign your spine, then you may need to have spine surgery in order to do this. Of course, you can try conservative treatments first, but this will likely lead to surgery.
- You have extreme back pain. If you have extreme back pain, then you will want to consider getting spine surgery in order to alleviate your pain if all other treatment methods fail.
- You have a herniated disc.
As you can see, there are many reasons that may lead you into the office of a neurosurgeon to discuss your options for back pain. If you think that you are a candidate for spine surgery, then you will want to make an appointment with a spine surgeon so that you can get more information. If you are suffering from severe back pain or have a tumor that needs to be removed, then you will want to be referred from your doctor or neurologist to a neurosurgeon.
You can also do your own work and research in order to find the right neurosurgeon for your needs. If you want to find the right neurosurgeon, then you can start by asking for referrals from friends and family in order to get an idea of who to contact. You can also choose to go online in order to find the right doctor for your needs. This is a good way to do further research on their credentials and past success rates as you choose the right surgeon for you.
If you want to go with the best in the Boulder area, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in neurosurgical care and can help you determine your next steps for getting healthy again and living a pain free life.