If your home has had radon testing that came out positive for this radioactive gas, it is very important to have a radon abatement system installed in your home. There are numerous areas where this can be installed, but one of the most recommended by the companies who do this kind of work is the attic. There are a number of reasons for this and we will show you just why you should consider turning to this option for your radon removal system.
- Hidden: One important benefit that installing the system in your attic can provide is that it is hidden from view. A radon reduction system can be unsightly, with its fans and pipes, so getting it out of the way to where people cannot see it is a great idea for many homeowners. It still gets the work done efficiently but you do not have to see it.
- Noise Reduction: Depending on the kind of radon mitigation system you choose for your home, you may have some noise when it is running correctly. By installing it in the attic, you do not have to be bothered by this noise. This is especially important if you have a large fan in the system.
- Electrical Safety: Another great reason why the attic is a good option when installing a radon abatement system if that there is less danger of someone being harmed by the cables that are part of the system. The best thing you can do for yourself and your family when it comes to electrical safety is to install this equipment out of the way and while some people like the basement, many more prefer the attic.
- Selling Point: If you are planning on selling your home, you want to impress potential buyers and you can do so by showing them that you have a radon mitigation system installed on the property. By having it up in the attic it will not get in anyone’s way while still performing its task of keeping the property and everyone in it safe.
- Accuracy: It has been shown that radon mitigation systems that are installed in the attic tend to work much better than when installed in other areas of the home. They are much more accurate at reading radon levels and therefore at removing them from the house. If you are not sure whether this is the best option for you, take the time to speak with a company that can provide these services so that they can show you just how beneficial having a system in the attic can be.
Radon can be very harmful to your health and that of your family. To ensure that you are safe at all times hire a company like Swat Environmental, which can provide you with quality services when it comes to radon mitigation. Ask them about installing the system in your attic and see just what a good option that can be. If you have radon issues, get started taking care of it.