In this day and age, your digital presence is one of the most important things about running a successful business or company. It’s no surprise that many consumers are most comfortable shopping online because it allows for them to remain in the comfort of their own homes rather than brave parking, shopping malls, lines and crowds. Creating an intuitive e-commerce site will not only increase your sales, but increase your brand loyalty as well. Here are a few ways to make your digital presence as impactful as possible
- Link to your social media accounts- Assuming you have social media accounts—and you should—make sure your website clearly links to them. Studies show that consumers trust brands more when they can interact with them on social media and trust is one of the most important ways to build long-lasting relationships with your customers. Make sure to update your social media often with personal messages, links to industry news and more. Post things you think your customers care about and would want to read, also make sure you reply to them if they reach out to you. This will enhance the trust and overall relationship.
- Responsiveness is key- When looking at your website design, you must make sure that it is responsive. This means that when it is opened on a mobile device such as a phone or a tablet, it will still lay out in a way that is intuitive and usable for the customer. Studies show that the majority of people are now viewing websites on mobile devices as opposed to computers, making this point even more important. If a customer goes to your website on their phone and it has glitches because it is only optimized for use on a desktop computer, the customer will likely abandon the website and find another similar option at another company. This is an easy way to lose customers and should be avoided.
- Layout matters- When thinking about web design, think about making it easy for users. This means that you shouldn’t bury any important information under dozens of tabs. Studies show that the more a user has to click through numerous links and buttons to get to the information they are looking for, the more likely they will be to abandon the search on your site. Try to minimize the amount of tabs and links on your site so your customers can get to where they need to go as quickly as possible.
- Proper images- Choosing the right images is important. Studies show that people respond favorably to images and if you use too many cheesy stock photos, it may affect your credibility. Since credibility is another crucial part of retaining customers and building relationships, you’ll want to make sure you do what you can to prove credibility.
- Fresh content- When you are building relationships with your consumer base, your goal is for them to visit your website more often. If they do this, it is helpful for you to have new and fresh content often so they will have a reason to keep coming back. This shows your customers that you care about their experience and that you are always working on improving, which will help grow your relationship with them as well.